Temporary Employment Work Permit

This is authority given by the Department of Immigration to a foreigner to work for an Organisation or a company registered in Zimbabwe.

For the purpose of a Temporary Employment Permit, work means any activity (paid or unpaid) but in the interest of any business undertaking operational in Zimbabwe.

 Persons Who Can Apply for a Temporary Employment Permit

i)               Professionals offering scarce skills, which are not easily available in Zimbabwe.

ii)             Journalist on assignments.

iii)           Short term Temporary employment permit (12 months) – personnel on short contracts.

 iv)           Foreign Researchers – who must in the first instance, be cleared by the Research Council of Zimbabwe.

N.B:  Temporary Employment Permit application forms are submitted directly to the Department of Immigration in Harare.

1st Floor Linquenda House

Nelson Mandela Avenue



Tel:  263-4-791 193