CALL FOR INPUTS INTO A GOVERNMENT OF ZIMBABWE EXERCISE FOR THE REVIEW OF ZIMBABWE’S DIASPORA POLICY OF 2016
- The Government of the Republic of Zimbabwe, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Trade, is conducting a review of Zimbabwe’s Diaspora Policy. The objective of the review exercise is to reflect in more holistic terms the new thrust of the 2nd Republic whose objective is to better integrate Zimbabwe’s Diaspora based nationals or citizens in the country’s development process.
- It has been considered appropriate once again, as in the case with the existing Diaspora policy, that Zimbabweans in the diaspora be fully involved in the current review exercise. This is in sync with the objective set by the 2nd Republic, to continuously engage and re-engage with Zimbabwe’s diaspora on issues pertinent to the development of Zimbabwe.
- The diaspora contributions – views, recommendations or suggestions shall be factored into the new diaspora policy formulation exercise.
- Please feel free to submit your contributions as Diaspora groupings or as individuals through the Zimbabwe Embassy in Australia. Your input can be submitted via the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To assist you in making your contributions, we have attached the 2016 Diaspora Policy document, which is the basis of this review exercise. May you forward your contributions through the Embassy before 11 October 2021.
Embassy of the Republic of Zimbabwe