The flag of Zimbabwe consists of seven horizontal stripes of equal width. The middle stripe is black and there are stripes of red, green and yellow above and below the black stripe. On the left side of the Zimbabwe flag is a white horizontal triangle with a red, five-point star in it and on top of the star there is a yellow Great Zimbabwe bird.
- Green: represents the farming and agriculture in Zimbabwe
- Yellow: represents the abundance of mineral wealth in the country
- Red: the blood shed during the first and second Chimurenga (wars of liberation)
- Black: the heritage and ethnicity of the native Africans of Zimbabwe
- White Triangle: symbolises peace in Zimbabwe
- Zimbabwe Bird: the national symbol of Zimbabwe
- Red Star: the nation’s hopes and aspirations for the future